So I did something similar a while ago when I first started my blog but I haven’t done an “about me” that’s completely bookish so yay! I’m taking a deeper look into my own
bookshelf bookish self and as an introvert, I’m okay with that!
Shoutout to Broke & Bookish for the Top Ten Tuesday topics! And don’t forget to post a link to your TTT so I can take a look! I love learning about people (in a non-creeper, non-stalkerish kind of way). 🙂
- If you haven’t already guessed, my favorite genre is Young Adult, commonly referred to as YA. I prefer to read YA fantasy, especially high fantasy but I also like urban fantasy. I’ve recently read some great contemporary YA novels so I’m warming up more to the genre. 🙂
- I’ve been reading ever since I was in elementary school. I love reading! I was always the student who read after she finished her work in class. My teachers never minded because I was quiet. XD
- I seriously need another bookshelf. Does that count as a fact about me? lol But seriously. I have two 5-shelf bookshelves and then one 3-shelf one but I need another 5 shelf one because my books are fighting for space on my shelves!
(This is an old picture and you don’t see the plethora of books stacked on top of one another. 😉 )
- When I moved to my current location, I discovered the wonders of having a library card. Shame on me, you may say? Well, my city has a truly wonderful library system with over 15 libraries in the metro area, meaning if the library 5 miles away from me doesn’t have it, the library 10 or 15 miles away might and that means I can put it on hold and pick it up from the library 5 miles down the road! ❤
- I own a Kindle. Yes, I have tens of books on there I haven’t read yet…but that seems to be the extent of my life right now. XD
- I’m working on two books of my own! If you follow me on Twitter, you might know I’m working heavily on at least one book. I finished a draft and am currently editing it before I send it out to a few close friends to beta read and help with edits as well. I am super excited about this and feel so confident but I figured I can feel confident now before I get rejected a bunch of times. 😀
- I used to read multiple books at a time but I’ve learned it’s easier (and quicker) for me to read one at a time. Well, that’s if you discount the audiobook I listen to in my car, which I have recently found out to be the greatest way to read multiple books! 🙂 Especially if you have a long commute to work. (I don’t, but still.)
- I’ve met a handful of authors. But seriously, only a handful. Marie Lu, Marie Rutkoksi, Claudia Gray, Victoria Aveyard to name a few. (I wrote a whole post about meeting them.) I would LOVE to meet J.K. Rowling, Sarah J. Maas, Leigh Bardugo, and Tarereh Mafi. Maybe one day! 🙂
(I could not keep my cool around famous people. I just can’t.)
- I cannot organize my books any other way than by ABC order with author’s last name first. Now I’ve categorized them by putting non-fiction at the end of my shelves but when I see #bookstagram pictures of people organizing their shelves by color or by size, I cringe a little because I can’t do it. If you can, kudos, because they all look beautiful but I’m a little OCD when it comes to that. 😛
- Last one: I don’t take a book with me everywhere. Is that sacrilege? LOL Only when the drive is longer than 30 minutes or I know I’ll be waiting for longer than 10 minutes (like a restaurant).
Drop the link for your TTT and I’ll check them out! 🙂