When I saw this theme, there was no question in my mind that I needed this box. As an English major, I love the classics (well, British classics mostly) so I was thrilled to be able to purchase this box.
If you’d like to purchase an OwlCrate, you can use my referral link below. If 3 people sign up using my link, I’ll get a free box! 😉
The theme is “Classic Remix,” and I think they hit the spot! Unfortunately, I haven’t read many of the classics based on this box, but that didn’t mean I loved the items any less.
The back of the card lists the contents of the box. OwlCrate recently started included collectable button pins in their boxes. 🙂
- The Little Prince-inspired mint and rose herbal tea by First Edition Tea Co.
- The Phantom of the Opera magnet by Sweet Sequels, which happens to be one of my favorite items in the box. I randomly love magnets. XD
- The Secret Garden-inspired soap (in the shape of an open book! <3) by TeaSoapBooks. This ones smells like white tea and berries. I’ve already used it, and wow, it smells amazing!
- Slaughterhouse Five bookmark with quote by Lexy Olivia. This bookmark is so beautiful! I immediately started using it. 🙂
- 2017 calendar by Obvious State. All the prints inside are quotes from various classic literature. So lovely! And when the year is over, you can frame the prints!
- Wires & Nerves promotional poster. This is a graphic novel by written by Marissa Meyer and it’s Iko’s story. It also takes place after the events of The Lunar Chronicles, if I’m correct. I haven’t read Winter yet but once I do, I’m totally gonna get this!
And finally, the book…
- Roseblood by A.G. Howard. This also came with a signed bookplate, and the customary reader letter! Personally, I love getting the letter because it’s like having a tiny piece of the author with you! 🙂 This book is a The Phantom of the Opera-inspired retelling, and I knew I had to have it! I haven’t read Howard’s other books, but I look forward to this one…
And oh my goodness, look at the inside!
Gorgeous, soft red ink! How neat! The only other books I have on my shelves that aren’t in black ink is the Shiver series by Maggie Stiefvater. This makes me all the more excited to dive into this book. Tiny details like this make me so happy!
Now here’s the theme of next month’s box…
I have a feeling I know what the book is, and I may already have it in my possession. That, and due to ADULTING, I’m skipping March’s box. But I can tell you the book is a highly anticipated read for me and for many others others. It has also received many amazing reviews!
If you’re interested in an OwlCrate, feel free to use my link to sign up! 🙂 I would appreciate it.